Monday, February 07, 2011

Homeschool Planning

I'm starting to plan for our biggest adventure yet, Kindergarten. A friend sent me this blog by Ann Voskamp. I really had compartmentalized school in my head, and I love the way she just describes it as something integrated into their lives. I think I will work on that, but I do think it will be hard for me at first. I'm slowing buying things I want to use next year and finding articles that show me that I really don't need to buy much at all. Planning is my thing, so I'm having fun with it.

This year, we are focusing more on phonics, reading, and counting. I want to add a few shapes to Kayla's vocabulary, just to make things easier later. She already loves to count everything and read numbers, so none of this is really forced on her.

I'm thinking about trying to start a book borrowing group with friends who have kids similar ages, in hopes of all of us saving money buying the books we can't find at the library. I'll have to think and pray about this more, but it just occurred to me that this could be pretty helpful to everyone involved.

No comments: