Sunday, February 06, 2011

Lots of news. . .

Kayla news: Since that last post, the girl colored herself green. When I walked in, she gave me her best deer-in-headlight look and said, "It was an accident." It was all I could do to not crack up laughing right there in front of her. We also had another bout of croup, but not so bad. Kayla overheard me saying something about, ". . . until Kayla gets rid of this bug." That was an interesting conversation that resulted in her locating the bug, which was behind her knee and itching. "I'm gonna kick this bug out of my body," she said and furiously started kicking the back of the driver's seat. She's also learning to read, very slowly, but some of that (probably a lot of it, actually) is due to my inconsistency. We're doing lessons in Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons and playing online games at starfall.com. It has been amazing to watch those neural connections being made.

Lily news: During the past few weeks, Lily has been talking nonstop. That's really nothing new, but now we can actually understand most of what she has to say. Most importantly, her birthday was yesterday. We had a big Mickey & Minnie family bash for her, complete with cupcakes. "Cupcakes mmmm." This statement comes with a full chest and tummy rub and a look of complete desperate need. It was a blast . . . a very exhausting blast.

Other Family News: We have a contract on a house! We're all very excited. The second time we saw it, Kayla walked into one of the kid rooms and said, "We'll take it!" There's a lot to do, but not a huge time crunch so I'm not really stress, but very joyful.

I'm not sure how this fits here, but I'm trying to make sure I don't forget it, so I'm putting it on this blog anyway. Fathers have been on the backburner of my brain for a week or so now, and this morning we were singing songs in church about God as rescuer, redeemer. Somewhere in there, it occurred to me that a perfect father would be the only one who could do this, who could see where we are, who we are, what we've done and pay our ransom, pull us out, restore us and still be able to love us. We've only sinned against him. Only the perfect daddy could forgive and still look at us with love. Probably just God's gift to me today, but I don't want to belittle that by letting it get piled in my brain with other stuff. I want to remember that, to not forget. I need to keep that Perfect Daddy in the forefront of my mind and heart all the time.

No comments: