Sunday, May 29, 2011

Try, try again

I fear that I am a blogging failure. I have decided to try again, though, because I feel like it could be a very useful way for me to organize my thoughts and record goings-on in our family. I have always liked the idea of journaling, but I always, always lose them. This afternoon when I decided to take a peek at the last thing I wrote, I was a bit surprised that so much time had passed since my last entry. It doesn't feel like February was that long ago, but so much has happened since then. We are settled into our new house and officially finished with the school year. Lily is talking in full and increasingly complex sentences and even obeying every once in a while.

I have decided to blog with training wheels for a little while. I'll go easy on myself when I fail and enjoy the ride. I do like seeing thoughts go from idle brain ramblings to text on my screen. I think it might be good for my accountability.

Speaking of accountability (to myself), here are the things I want to accomplish this summer:
  • Finish at least six books on my reading list
  • Start school in July
  • Pray more . . . and more consistently
  • Plan fun, low cost things with the kids - The princess party was just too much fun.
  • Organize my closet
  • Organize the girls' dressers
  • Finish daily to-do lists more often than not
  • Go back to reading to the girls during lunch

No comments: